Saturday, November 8, 2008

The first day on the water

Five fish caught!
2 on the Softhackle and 3 on a Pheasant Tail

Like most things in life the trip didn't go as planed. I was running about an hour behind. I am almost sure that had i made the first light's feeding i would have made a killing.  although 5 is not bad for a couple of hours time, it's by no means good. I could not help myself from being haunted by the new Catch & Release area about 2 miles upstream. They say a fly fisherman goes thru four stages in life 1. wanting to catch a fish, 2 wanting to catch a lot of fish, 3. wanting to catch a big fish and 4. wanting to catch only big fish. I having fished for trout most of my life am at stage three. So that damn area upriver haunts me. It's calls my name and i know there are plenty of hogs to be caught there.  So, being one of a sound mind i have decided to give my old beach cruiser bike a new purpose in life.  Its main job will now be to transport me and my gear 2 miles upriver along a narrow road.  I must get to work right away drawing up plans on how to mount my rod cases to the frame.  There is no time to spare it must be operational by Tuesday. 

H.L

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Sounds like a hell of a trip man!

Much more fun that my day. The wife and kids just headed to her folks house and now I am neck deep in business law homework, with football games kicking off in a couple hours. But somehow, I will make it through.

Good luck with the bike!